About Kids Cancer CareThe Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta is a charitable organization that helps Alberta families fighting childhood cancer. Our programs are uniquely designed to meet the needs of the whole family at each stage in their cancer journey, from diagnosis through treatment and beyond. To that end, we provide funding and programs in three key areas:
1. Camp and Outreach;
2. Research and Hospital; and
3. Education Support and Scholarships.
Your support as a participant, sponsor or donor helps us provide these vital programs at no cost to families and moves us one step closer to our vision of providing a cure for every child and care for every family. Thank you for your support.
About Shave Your Lid for a Kid®
Shave Your Lid for a Kid® is Kids Cancer Care's largest fundraising initiative, raising more than $9 million since its inception in 1998. Our shave program is successful because of you. Each year, hundreds of Albertans shave their heads for our kids. This bold move shows moral support for the kids who lose their hair during cancer
Not part of a group or event? No worries! Our partners at Great Clips offer a complimentary shave or haircut to anyone who registers as an individual for Shave Your Lid for a Kid. You can visit one of their many Calgary and area locations to get your head shaved for free! More details will be sent when you register!
6 steps to a stellar shave
Planning a shave is easy. Just follow the steps below and you’ll be on your way to a spectacular hair-razing event:
1) Learn. The first-step is to learn about Shave Your Lid for a Kid® and how to set yourself up for success! Take a few minutes and read our shave information kit.
2) Plan. Set a fundraising goal, date and location for your shave. Start thinking about ways to make your shave event fun. Invite your friends. Bring music. Have a BBQ for your supporters. Shave yourself a Mohawk first. Start a competition between shavees with a prize for the highest fundraiser.
3) Register. Register your shave online.
4) Spread the word. Tell all your friends and family, teachers and colleagues about your shave. Share your fundraising goal with them and invite them to join your shave as a shavee or a donor. Contact our office for promotional ideas.
5) Finish strong. Right before your shave, send one more reminder to your supporters asking for a donation and let them know how they’re making a difference.
6) Say thanks. After completing your shave, give yourself a pat on the back for all your hard work! Now it’s time to thank your supporters for their contribution.
For more ideas on how to promote and organize your own shave or for help registering and donating online, contact Amy Schick at 403 984 1226.
NOTE: Kids Cancer Care is unable to accept hair donations. If you wish to donate your hair for wigs, please click here.
Kids Cancer Care’s Shave Your Lid for a Kid® campaign is made possible by our generous sponsor Trico Homes.